Funfetti cheesecake squares are a delicious dessert that combines two beloved treats: cheesecake and funfetti cake. These delightful squares are made with a creamy cheesecake filling that’s studded with colorful sprinkles, all layered on top of a buttery graham cracker crust.
Ingredients: What You’ll Need to Make This Dessert
To make Funfetti cheesecake squares, you’ll need the following ingredients:
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
For the topping:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
Note: It’s important to use full-fat cream cheese and sour cream in this recipe to ensure the best texture and flavor. Also, be sure to measure the ingredients precisely for the best results.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Making Funfetti Cheesecake Squares
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making Funfetti Cheesecake Squares:
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C). Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides.
- Make the crust: In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until well combined. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add the sugar and beat until well combined. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the vanilla extract and beat until the mixture is smooth. Fold in the rainbow sprinkles with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the filling over the crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Make the topping: In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Spread the mixture evenly over the cheesecake layer and sprinkle with the rainbow sprinkles.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the topping is set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let cool to room temperature. Once cooled, transfer the pan to the refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Once chilled, use the parchment overhang to lift the cheesecake out of the pan and onto a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to slice the cheesecake into squares. Serve and enjoy!
Note: To get clean slices, wipe the knife blade clean with a paper towel after each cut.
Nutrition Facts: How Many Calories in a Serving of Cheesecake Squares?
The exact nutrition facts for Funfetti cheesecake squares may vary depending on the specific ingredients used and the size of the serving. However, here is a general idea of the nutrition information for a standard serving of cheesecake squares:
One serving (1/16th of a 9×9 inch pan) of Funfetti cheesecake squares contains approximately:
- Calories: 319
- Total fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 92mg
- Sodium: 215mg
- Total carbohydrates: 26g
- Dietary fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 20g
- Protein: 4g
It’s important to note that cheesecake squares are a decadent dessert and should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.