Chicken Alfredo is a popular Italian-American pasta dish consisting of fettuccine noodles topped with a creamy sauce made from butter, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese, and typically served with grilled or sautéed chicken.
How to make Chicken Alfredo?
Here is a recipe for Chicken Alfredo:
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Begin by cooking the fettuccine according to the package instructions until it is al dente. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season them with salt and black pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until it is browned on all sides and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Pour the heavy cream into the skillet and stir to combine. Bring the cream to a simmer and cook for about 5-7 minutes, until it has thickened slightly.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese to the skillet and stir until it has melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add the cooked fettuccine to the skillet and toss to coat it with the sauce. If the sauce is too thick, you can add a splash of pasta water to thin it out.
- Serve the Chicken Alfredo hot, garnished with additional grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
Enjoy your delicious Chicken Alfredo!
How to reheat Chicken Alfredo?
Reheating Chicken Alfredo is easy and can be done in a few different ways:
- Microwave: Place the leftover Chicken Alfredo in a microwave-safe bowl and cover it with a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap. Heat it on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring halfway through, until it is hot and bubbly.
- Stovetop: Heat the leftover Chicken Alfredo in a saucepan over medium heat. Add a splash of milk or cream to the sauce to prevent it from drying out, and stir frequently until it is heated through.
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the leftover Chicken Alfredo in an oven-safe dish and cover it with foil. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until it is hot and bubbly.
What sides go well with Chicken Alfredo?
There are several sides that go well with Chicken Alfredo. Here are a few suggestions:
- Garlic Bread: A classic side for any pasta dish, garlic bread is easy to make and complements the rich, creamy sauce of Chicken Alfredo.
- Caesar Salad: A simple Caesar salad with crisp romaine lettuce, Parmesan cheese, and croutons is a perfect light and refreshing side to balance the richness of the Chicken Alfredo.
- Roasted Vegetables: Roasted vegetables such as broccoli, asparagus, or zucchini are a healthy and flavorful side that complement the creamy sauce of the Chicken Alfredo.
- Bruschetta: Toasted slices of bread topped with chopped tomatoes, garlic, basil, and olive oil make a fresh and flavorful side that pairs well with the Chicken Alfredo.
- Grilled Chicken: Grilled chicken is a great addition to the Chicken Alfredo itself, but can also be served as a side to add extra protein to the meal.
- Steamed or Roasted Potatoes: Steamed or roasted potatoes, such as baby potatoes or sweet potatoes, can be a delicious and hearty side that complements the creamy sauce.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. Feel free to experiment and find the side dishes that you and your family enjoy the most.