If you’re a fan of moist and flavorful cakes, then you’re in for a treat! This carrot sheet cake recipe is the epitome of scrumptiousness. Packed with the goodness of carrots, warm spices, and a delectable cream cheese frosting, this cake is sure to satisfy your taste buds and leave you craving for more.
Certainly! Here is the breakdown of the ingredients for the Carrot Sheet Cake recipe:
- Eggs: This cake recipe calls for several eggs, which help bind and provide structure to the cake.
- Vegetable oil: Canola oil can be used as an alternative to vegetable oil.
- Unsweetened applesauce: If desired, you can substitute an additional 1/2 cup of vegetable oil instead of using unsweetened applesauce.
- Granulated sugar and brown sugar: A combination of both sugars is recommended. If you don’t have brown sugar, you can create a substitute by mixing 2 teaspoons of molasses with 1 3/4 cups of white sugar.
- Vanilla extract: Adds a subtle flavor to the cake. Vanilla bean paste can also be used as an alternative.
- All-purpose flour: Both bleached and unbleached flour work well for this recipe.
- Baking powder and baking soda: Both are essential for a good rise in the cake.
- Salt: You can use standard table salt or sea salt.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger: A blend of these spices provides a delightful flavor. If you enjoy a more pronounced spice flavor, you can double the amount of nutmeg and ginger.
- Carrots: Grate the carrots by hand or use a food processor with a shredder attachment.
- Pecans (optional): Pecans are optional and can be added based on personal preference. They are often used as a decorative element, coating the circumference of the cake.
Please scroll down for the specific ingredient amounts and directions.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking pan or line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Mix well to ensure the spices are evenly distributed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Avoid overmixing to prevent a dense texture in the cake.
- Fold in the grated carrots until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter. If desired, you can also add chopped pecans or walnuts at this stage.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer the cake onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the cream cheese frosting. In a mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and unsalted butter until creamy and smooth.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, while continuing to beat the mixture. Add the vanilla extract and beat until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Once the cake has completely cooled, spread the cream cheese frosting evenly over the top. You can also add optional toppings like chopped walnuts or pecans, shredded coconut, or carrot decorations for an extra touch.
- Slice and serve the scrumptious carrot sheet cake, and enjoy!
Note: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Now, follow these simple instructions and enjoy baking this delicious carrot sheet cake!